This was one of my first projects ever let alone one I put real thought and effort into how the end result would come out. I purchased this go kart as a roller frame with a seat, working brakes and throttle cable from a close friend.
Little did I know before I began this build how far my curiosity to drive could push me to complete such a project.
- Finding a quality engine that is known push itself yet not shorten its lifespan.
- Understanding power to weight ratios and how that could affect safety.
- Accepting my intelligence and not being afraid of not knowing what to do next.
- Making clutch adjustments so that the engine could put down all the torque to the wheels.
- Reading about all types of user experiences people were having with different brands of engines.
- Asking adults with more experience than me what size engine they thought would fit my age, weight and height group.
- Work until I physically and mentally do not know where to go next and then ask my educated father what he thinks.
- Scoured through online forums that talked about how to make clutch adjustments for best performance.