This course was a project based automotive collision repair class that taught its students how to have good work ethic, be meticulous, problem solve and show respect to one and another and to the work that you do.
This class ran as a real business and had a real customer base every day that were to not be disappointed.
One day in particular a customer pulled in with no clue as what was wrong with their car and a student and I were tasked with fixing the issue.
- Understanding how a basic engines, transmissions and drivetrains work and where problems usually will lie.
- Knowing what type of signs a vehicle will show that lead back to different types of issues.
- Knowing the customer wants the most quality part we can find for a good price.
- Working with people from different backgrounds and being aware their thought process.
- Staying safe in the workplace.
- Listen to the sounds the engine, transmission and drivetrain are making and see if anything sounds off.
- Asking the customer what type of issues they were having when they figured out something was wrong with it.
- Researching and comparing prices where to find the cheapest part for replacement.
- Collaborating together and staying open minded to their ways because teamwork makes dreamwork.
- Always wearing hand, foot, head and body protection.