A team of 5 students including myself, were tasked with designing a new type of feature that would benefit the users of the Our Michigan Avenue website. Our purpose for doing so was to educate residents of the Greater Lansing area about the importance of zoning. Ultimately, we would be showcasing these designs and features to experienced city officials within the Greater Lansing Area.
- Being aware of who our users groups were and what their complaints were with the website.
- Designing a simple yet new feature that will communicate zoning issues with the users of the Our Michigan Avenue Website.
- Practice teamwork and collaboration on a design and making sure it agrees with out proposal.
- Research users and take into consideration any ideas for improving the site.
- Create surveys that determine community internet use habits.
- Create a proposal that would outline objectives, procedure, user profile, recruitment, and compensation within the timeline of our research.
- Design, test and add a fully functional feature that will benefit users in terms of better understanding zoning importance’s.